Monday, April 13, 2015

Common Ground Can Always Be Found - If We Only Listen

A couple of months ago, I was at my dad's farm in northern Minnesota - celebrating his 93rd birthday! He doesn't like to go out much in the winter time, so he listens to an old-timey (and by that I mean ancient!) TV preacher on Sundays when he can't go to church. I admit that I normally cringe when I hear these guys, assuming that they are going to be so rigid in their beliefs that I can't possibly have anything in common with them, let alone learn anything from them.

Listening from the kitchen, I heard the preacher say something that really surprised me: That those who commit suicide do NOT go to "hell" - and that nowhere in the Bible does it say that they do. Now that's what I call progress! Of course the three of us at Psychics in the Cities believe and teach that there is no such place as "hell" and that no soul is ever separated from the Creator, Source, God - whatever you want to call it. But just hearing that one statement going out to all of this minister's followers made me happy and hopeful. What I learned in Sunday School that day: We can find common ground with anybody if we just listen! 

Namaste. ~Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment